Being a mom is a tough job, beyond being physically tough it is quite stressful. Stress alone is a mental issue that many mom’s attributes to just being a stay at home mom. However, as a stay at home mom living off of one income is quite difficult. Sometimes, we are able to make up the difference in losing that one income.
There are so many things you can do to help out with the finances and still be a stay at home mom. Let’s take a look at a few things that are great ways to put a dent in that financial stress as a stay at home mom.
- Work from home – Many moms with jobs are able to have a flex schedule or work from home. Maybe you are able to work a few days from home, maybe you can actually have a permanent schedule at home?
- 1099 Contractor – There are many companies that have 1099 contractor positions or they solely hire people who can fill a 1099 contractor position. Think work at home call center, tech support, and sales support just to name a few.
- Surveys – Listen Swagbucks will not get you rich but it most definitely is a great way to earn some pretty easy money. To be honest, it’s FREE money and you don’t really have to do much for it.
- Virtual Assistant – There are so many choices out there. One that I have done on and off since 2013 is Fancy Hands. It’s pretty easy to work, the work volume is hit or miss, but if you have a few spare moments during the day it can make you a few dollars.
- Become an Entrepreneur – There are so many things you can do. Create shirts, jewelry, are you great a baking? Sell your baked goods to the local community. Are you an artist and have graphic design experience? Create logos, flyers, or printables.
Granted, becoming an entrepreneur is hard. Andrew Charlton has some great advice for anyone looking to step into the entrepreneurial world. He is the author of two great books, was named the Young Global Leader, and he has served as the senior economic advisor to the Prime Minister of Australia and Australia’s senior government official. His experience in the financial world and as an entrepreneur himself, will give anyone a great insight into what you should focus on and some great tips for those who are just getting their feet wet.
Don’t think that just because you want to stay at home, that you cannot help with the finances. There are plenty of options out there. Do a little research, ask questions of other mom’s who have been in these waters. We should all be doing something to support one another.