My bad habit – getting up early!!
I don’t like it. I can’t do it. But…I need to.
End of story. However, there are 3 main reasons I need to.
- I have 3 children and we homeschool. I like to have some semblance of a scheduled day.
- My goal is to work before we homeschool and I can’t do that if I don’t get up before the kids.
- My entire day is messed up and I end up getting behind on EVERYTHING.
Let me first talk a little bit about why getting up early is so beneficial.
According to Forbes, there are several benefits of being an early riser. Early risers are more proactive…they are more likely to identify long-range goals for themselves. They can anticipate problems and then minimize them efficiently…I mean what Mama doesn’t need that superpower?? Rising early gives you time to organize, which already gives you a foothold and it gives you time to exercise which boosts your mood and energy for productivity.
Listen, I could probably go on forever, but I am here because I want to make a commitment.
I pledge this commitment before all of you, to follow these steps to become an early riser.
- Good sleep hygiene. I commit to moving my bedtime down by 15 minutes every week until I am at my preferred time. Right now I go to bed at 11pm-12am. I would like to go to bed at 10 pm.
- Make a routine. I am going to give myself a 20-minute routine before bed, that allows me to wind down. A cup of tea, pajamas, brush teeth, wash face, and read the bible or a book (not on the Kindle, the light is bad right before bed).
- Set my motive. My motive is to get up and get about 2 hours of work done a morning and 1 hour of planning/scheduling for my blog or life completed.
- Set my alarm & put it across the room. If I set my alarm on my phone and put it right beside my bed, then I know I will hit snooze.
- I am going to be positive. Once I get up to turn off the alarm…I will give myself an affirmation to get moving.
If you think I must be crazy or lazy to not be able to get up early without a plan…check out this post to learn how crazy I really am!!
I am so tired of having these bad habits, so I decided it was time to change. I am starting these now & will update via my social media accounts. Check me out on Instagram or Facebook, those are my favorite places to hang out.
What bad habit are you suffering from? Do you care to change it? If so, what actionable steps can you take to change it?
Love ya ❤️ Bye Y’all!