GUEST BLOGGERS WANTED
I want to build an awesome community of strong Mama’s who are NOT afraid of sharing the good stuff!! Mama Smitty’s Corner wants to connect with her readers and bring in new talent. Girl…I know you are out there. You love writing, you have an awesome story to share, but thought ‘there is no way I can run a blog?!’
My desire is to grow this so big that each woman that comes across this page finds something that suits her situation in life. She gets here and says ‘wow, I thought I was the only one!’ No matter, your story I want to look at it. I want to sit around the bonfire with you and grow this community of like-minded Mamas. Just take a look at the guidelines below and then pitch me your story or post. I look forward to sharing the gossip with you 🙂 Bye Y’all!
GUEST POST GUIDELINES
- Submission of your guest post does not guarantee publication. Your submission will be reviewed and if it will benefit Mama Smitty’s Corner readers, it is likely to be published.
- Posts must be high-quality, original content. Posts must not be published anywhere else.
- Please limit your post to 1,000 words or less.
- Submissions with a “visit my site” or “check out my product” type feel will not be accepted. Likewise, submissions which appear to be strictly PR- or SEO-related will not be accepted.
- Please make a concerted effort to use correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Due to time constraints, submissions which require excessive editing cannot be accepted.
- Make sure any links in your post are relevant and valid. Links deemed to be irrelevant to the main idea of your post will be removed without notice. Likewise, any non-working links will be removed without notice.
- Use of bullets, lists, and short paragraphs is highly encouraged as it makes reading much easier.
- Submit proposed post via e-mail to email@example.com, along with 1-2 relevant images, an author’s bio and an author’s picture. Any submissions missing any of the relevant pieces may be delayed in reviewing and scheduling.
- A sample of other posts written can be used to gauge interest. Please provide a topic(s) of interest, along with links to a few guest post previously written.
- Guest posts will be scheduled within 4-6 weeks of review of the proposed post.
- Make sure you are available for contributing to the comments once your post has been published. This will happen over a three-day period (approximately). You’ll have to wait for me to approve all comments, but when I do, you just hit “reply” on the comments you want to respond to. (I’d prefer it if you responded to everyone!)
If your guest post is accepted, I will schedule it within 1 month. I do my best to notify you within 2-3 weeks if your guest post is not accepted for publication so that you can submit it to another blog.
If you submit a query (i.e. an idea for a guest post as opposed to a guest post submission in full), I will review it and contact you if I am interested in pursuing the next step.
My goal is to have 1-2 guest posts a month.
Topics of Interest:
I’m interested in having some guest bloggers on a multitude of topics. If you have an idea that doesn’t come below, let me know.
Here are some of the topics that I’d love to receive guest posts:
- Dealing with Aging Parents
- Budgets (Living on 1 income)
- Illnesses (asthma, eczema, autism, allergies (food & environmental, etc.)
- Body Image & Shaming
I am also interested in other topics. You must be very creative, as I am going to be very selective on topics outside of the ones mentioned above.
How To Submit a Guest Post:
If you would like to submit your guest post for review, please email your proposed post to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Guest Post Submission” in the subject line.
Please include the following:
- Your full name.
- The URL of your blog or website (if applicable).
- Your post title.
- The body of your post (can be attached using Word or in the body of the e-mail).
- Attach 1-2 relevant images to the e-mail separately. Do not include the images in your post.
- An author’s bio and author’s picture. (Even if you have submitted a post in the past, please provide both to limit the time to search for this information)
All guest blog posts will be shared on my Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram accounts. You can also share the posts on your social media accounts.